If you are looking for Towbar Bike Carriers for your weekend excursions look no further than Witter towbars for both towbar bike carriers and towbar fitting. You can book your towbar fitting online and be assured that the person fitting it has the experience and expertise needed to do a good job.
If you aren’t sure what type of towbar is best for your needs and your vehicle, just ask the staff at Witter for advice.
Benefits of having a towbar bike carrier
Perhaps you have only just begun to cycle seriously after years of not riding a bike. Now that there are cycle lanes, cycling in towns and cities is a lot safer than it was. However, there’s nothing quite like heading for the hills and riding your bike in the countryside, especially when the weather is good. If you live in the heart of a city, towbar bike carriers are a blessing. You don’t have to get your bike, or bikes onto a train and then get them off again.
Reasons for buying towbar bike carriers:-
- Towbar bike carriers are secure and safe.
- You can load and unload the bikes relatively quickly.
- If you have a tilt forward towbar bike carrier you an easily access the boot of your car.
- Towbar bike carriers can accommodate 4 bikes.
Cons of towbar bike carriers
- They are usually expensive to buy.
- You’ll need a tow bar or tow ball, and these don’t come cheaply.
- They also need a rear electrical supply for a lighting board with your vehicle’s number plate.
- You’ll need to think where you will store the towbar bike carrier when you aren’t using it.
- Some towbar bike carriers stop you having access to the boot. Choose one that allows you to access the boot.
- You’ll need to practise driving because of the possible increased width of your vehicle.
When you buy a Witter towbar, it comes with an electrical kit and you don’t have to worry about fitting it. You can book a towbarfitting online and the work will be guaranteed by Witter Towbars Direct.
Even the famous enjoy riding a bike
You aren’t alone in your passion for biking. Read what famous people have said about it. Certainly, it’s healthy, and much more environmentally-friendly than driving. Cycling doesn’t cause pollution.
Look at the following quotes:-
- “One of the most important days of my life, was when I learned to ride a bicycle.” Guess who said that! President J. F. Kennedy.
- “Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” This was said by ex-Python star Michael Palin.
- “Few articles ever used by man have created so great a revolution in social conditions as the bicycle.” US Census Report, 1900.
- “I’ll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood.” This was said by Susan B. Anthony in 1896. Ms Anthony was an American social reformer, a publisher, women’s rights activist and president of the National American Woman Suffrage Association.
So, the bicycle helped the socialist and feminist movements in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. That’s a surprise for some!
In the 21st century, World Bicycle Relief provides 50,000 bikes to students in Africa. 70 percent of them are given to girls. This means that they can ride their bikes to school from rural villages and get an education. Bicycles are still linked with women’s emancipation today.
British cycling clubs
Perhaps you really love cycling, but wish it wasn’t such a solitary pastime. If you love cycling, but would prefer to have a cycling companion, to spur you on, or just to stop you getting bored, why not join a cycling club? There will be one near you. You’ll meet new people who share your love of cycling and expand your social horizons.
The Bicycle Touring Club, now called Cycling UK, was founded in 1878. It was this organisation that initiated a cyclist’s proficiency scheme in 1936. This was because of the number of cycling accidents that were occurring on Britain’s roads. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents(RoSPA) adopted the programme in 1948. Training programmes continue to run under the auspices of Cycling UK. Cycling is more popular than ever!