A healthy person is able to contribute a lot towards every activity in his life. And the better performance a person has as an employee the higher will his firm grow.
This is why health benefits are considered one of the best things along with monetary benefits at the work place. In fact, a healthy workplace turns into a flourishing work place. Here are a few advantages of health benefits at the work place.
- Increased levels of productivity
- Reduced staff turn over
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved image of the company
- Increase in morale of the employees
Here are the top four health benefits that you can offer your employees, thus contributing to the growth of your organization.
- Group health insurance plans
Corporate medical insurance goes a long way in ensuring that your organization cares about the health of its employees. It is a great way of securing the health of your employees under one single plan. When you buy corporate health insurance, not only are your employees covered but also are their family members covered. This ensures good health among your employees and increases the morale and feeling of belongingness to the organization. A few other benefits of group health insurance plans are:
- Some corporate medical insurance plans cover pre-existing illnesses as well as maternity costs
- A group plan offers cashless hospitalization at network hospitals
- Group health insurance covers supporting costs like ambulance costs, besides others.
- Some corporate medical insurance plans also provide reimbursements if employees visit healthcare specialists.
- One of the major benefits of a group health insurance is that the feature of co-payment does not exist. This means your employees do not have to shell out a single rupee from their pockets for hospitalization or any other such medical expenses.
- A corporate medical insurance plan comes without the waiting period. This means that the employees start enjoying the coverage benefit since the day you buy corporate health insurance.
- When you buy corporate health insurance, you may also avail of tax benefits on the premiums paid.
- Another great benefit of such a plan is that unlike individual health insurance policies, a group health insurance does not require employees to undergo any medical tests.
- You may also avail of tax benefits when you buy corporate health insurance.
- Wellness benefit
After availing of group health insurance, a corporate wellness plan offers a range of benefits to the employees. A corporate wellness plan includes facilities like a company gym, Yoga classes, meditation, stress management, and other such facilities that take care of the holistic health of your employees. After all, good health lies in the right balance between body, mind, and soul.
- Healthcare reimbursement
Healthcare reimbursement is when you provide your employees with medical allowance in the form of a gift card or stipend, using which the employees may pay towards their healthcare.
- Medical camps
Periodic medical camps for employees are a great way to ensure that your employees are fit and healthy and any upcoming disease may be diagnosed at the initial stage. Medical professionals also provide useful healthcare tips at such camps, which may come in handy to your employees.
A firm foundation is the key to a strong structure. Your employees are the foundation of your organization. So, taking care of their healthcare needs will ensure a high growth and development of your organization.